In a previous blog post I spoke about the clair senses as they relate to intuition. Today, I want to specifically discuss clairgustance or clear taste. Clairgustance is the ability to taste things that you haven’t put in your mouth. It is exactly like our physical sense of taste only there is nothing present physically that is producing the taste. You may taste something from your past in the form of a memory. In this instance, you aren’t so much tasting the thing as remembering the taste. With clairgustance, however, you literally do taste the thing. Clairgustance also brings the ability to taste things we never have experienced tasting in the physical realm.
Signs of Clairgustance
- Highly developed sense of taste
- Unexplained food cravings
- Sudden salivation
- Bouts of dry mouth
- Sudden fits of burping
- Tasting something that isn’t present physically
- Experiencing a taste that you can’t identify
Keep in mind here that you do not have to experience all of these signs to have clairgustance, although most likely someone with clairgustance will experience multiple signs. If you do experience several (or all) of these signs you have clairgustance, even if you didn’t realize or recognize it as such.
If you don’t recognize these signs in yourself you can develop these abilities. While some people don’t believe it, I firmly believe that everyone has psychic abilities and can develop those that are less prevalent or strong within ourselves. On the flip side, if you already know you experience clairgustance, or are just recognizing yourself as such, it’s also possible to further develop your abilities.
How to Develop & Strengthen Clairgustance
- Work with your Third Eye Chakra- Chakras are energy centers throughout your body. Your Third Eye Chakra is located in the center of your forehead slightly raised above your physical eyes. It governs intuition and psychic abilities. It is most closely aligned with clairvoyance- the ability to see, but this chakra governs all psychic and intuitive abilities.
- Work with your Throat Chakra- Your Throat Chakra is located just as it says, in your throat. It governs communication as well as our senses of taste and smell.
- Develop Your Sense of Taste- Cut back on salt, sugars, and spices so that you can experience the variety of natural flavors in the foods you eat. Make sure to eat a wide variety of foods so that you can develop the taste of many different flavors.
- Practice Mindful Eating- Slow down your meal and focus on the feel of your food in your mouth. Take time to notice all the flavors and textures in the foods you eat.
- Repeat a mantra or affirmation- Affirmations are a great way to focus our intent over a long time. Repeating a phrase multiple times each day for however many days keeps us focused on reaching a goal or developing a habit or ability. A good choice for developing clairgustance is: I have a strong sense of clairgustance. It is safe for me to psychically taste.
It is important to remember that clairgustance is only one psychic ability. It is common for people to have multiple abilities with one more dominant than the other. No one psychic gift is any more or less important than the other and no gift is more useful than another. There is no hierarchy of clair senses. I previously discussed clairvoyance and clairaudience and will be explaining the other clair abilities and psychic gifts in future posts.