In a previous blog post, I spoke about the clair senses as they relate to intuition. Today, I want to specifically discuss claircognizance or clear knowing. Claircognizance occurs when you intuitively know something without any logical background knowledge. It is often described as knowing about events before they occur or knowing about past events or events that just occurred before any knowledge of them has been acquired. Claircognizance, though, refers to intuitively knowing any piece of information, not just events. A good example of claircognizance would be the sudden desire to take a different route than you normally do and in doing so, you run into an old childhood friend whom you haven’t seen in ages. That knowing you had to just take a different route is claircognizance in action.
Signs of Claircognizance
- Sudden “gut” feelings
- Ability to tell when someone is lying
- Ability to predict events
- Sudden bursts of knowledge and/or inspiration
- You are extremely logical and left-brained.
- You love reading and learning for the sake of knowledge.
- You just know if someone is trustworthy or not.
Keep in mind here that you do not have to experience all of these signs to have claircognizant abilities, although most likely someone with this ability will experience multiple signs. If you do experience several (or all) of these signs you are claircognizant, even if you didn’t realize or recognize it as such.
If you don’t recognize these signs in yourself you can develop these abilities. While some people don’t believe it, I firmly believe that everyone has psychic abilities and can develop those that are less prevalent or strong within ourselves. On the flip side, if you already know you experience claircognizance or are just recognizing yourself as such, it’s also possible to further develop your abilities.
How to Develop & Strengthen Claircognizant Abilities
- Work with your Third Eye Chakra- Chakras are energy centers throughout your body. Your Third Eye Chakra is located in the center of your forehead slightly raised above your physical eyes. It governs intuition and psychic abilities. It is most closely aligned with clairvoyance- the ability to see, but this chakra governs all psychic and intuitive abilities.
- Practice Automatic Writing- Get out your journal and a pen and get to writing. No, it’s not like that, but almost. Once you have your writing instruments you sit down and clear your mind. Ask your higher self or spirit guides a question and then just write whatever comes to your mind. It may be a bit weird at first, but with practice, you’ll start writing all kinds of neat claircognizant information direct from your guides.
- Meditate- I recommend a daily meditation practice for almost everything imaginable. I swear by it and think it’s the best thing since Willis Cather invented the air conditioner. Well, not really since meditation has been around a lot longer than that. But, you get where I’m going with this. Meditation helps you clear out all the junk in your head. It quiets down the monkey mind. And when your head isn’t cluttered up with all that muggle junk you actually have space for all the cool information downloads coming your way.
It is important to remember that claircognizance is only one type of psychic ability. It is common for people to have multiple abilities with one more dominant than the other. No one psychic gift is any more or less important than the others and no gift is more useful than another. There is no hierarchy of clair senses. I previously discussed clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairgustance, clairalience, clairtangency, and clairsentience/clairempathy. I will be discussing channeling in a future post.